Sunday, October 16, 2011

How I got into Triathlon


I am often asked how I got into competing in triathlons.  So I decided to share my story and journeys.  I first got into the sport as a dare from a co-worker. After both of us training tirelessly for a summer we both competed in our first triathlon and managed to finish. Both of us were competitive weight lifters at the time and definitely took a “unique” approach to training.   I started our with a few duathlons, running races, and cycling road races.  Over the past three years I have learned so much about the sport and about myself. I truly enjoy sharing the knowledge and tools I have learned with others, so they do not make the same rookie mistakes that I did! I am a firm believer that Winning is great, but for me it’s more about enjoying the journey and sharing my knowledge and skills with others in the community.


Here is a picture of me and my co-worker three and a half years ago when I first got into the sport.


2 comments:

  1. Best part: I am a firm believer that Winning is great, but for me it’s more about enjoying the journey and sharing my knowledge and skills with others in the community.


    Way to share the journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking on MWCTC's site and somehow found my way to here..(http://mwctc.com/teams.html..

    I'm on MU's Tri Club and actually rode with the peppy pedalers for the last two years!

    See you around or at conference/ nats i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete